|James Sirius Potter|
James Sirius Potter was the eldest child of Harry and Ginny Potter. His godparents, as well as uncle and aunt, are Ron and Hermione Weasley. He has two younger siblings: Albus and Lily. James was named after his paternal grandfather, James Potter, and his father's godfather, Sirius Black.
James was seen going to Hogwarts on 1 September, 2017 with his brother Albus, who was just starting his first year. James, being the oldest child, had already been attending Hogwarts, but it is not specified which year he was entering. Contemporaries at school include his cousins Victoire and Rose, as well as Draco Malfoy's son Scorpius, though they are in different years.
When his family was gathered to see him and his brother off at King's Cross Station on 1 September, 2017, James interrupted his cousin Victoire snogging Teddy Lupin, and then ran off to tell his family and other relatives. He was disappointed when they did not react strongly.
- "You interrupted them? You are so like Ron -"
- —Ginny to her son.[src]
James is much like his uncle, Ron Weasley, for his poor timing and knack for interfering with other people's love lives. He also seems to have inherited his sense of humour and love for mischief from his two uncles, Fred and George, and having a fondness for teasing his siblings and making mischief. He is also very much like his two namesakes, James Potter and Sirius Black, in his mischievous and trouble-making nature.
ParentsJames has a very strong connection with both of his parents, even though he does not want to show it in front of other people, especially girls and friends. Still, he permitted his parents hugs and kisses (from Mother) before rushing off to the Hogwarts Express in 2017, and wrote to them three times a week the previous year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
James is the oldest of three children, and he enjoys teasing his younger siblings Albus and Lily. However, he is on good terms with both of them, even willing to share a room with Albus if Teddy ever decides to move in, although Harry seems to believe this would lead to disaster.
When James saw Teddy kissing Victoire, he ran to tell his family, but he was disappointed with their reaction. However, he agreed with his younger sister, who shared his and Albus's desire for Teddy to become an official member of the extended Potter-Weasley family.
Behind the scenes
- James is portrayed in the film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 by Will Dunn.
- James Potter II is the main character in the book "James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing" (and associated sequels), a non-canonical continuation of the Harry Potter series endorsed by (though not actually connected or affiliated with) J.K. Rowling.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game) (Mentioned only)
- J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ James' age is not revealed in the epilogue of Deathly Hallows, but J. K. Rowling stated in an interview that his mother, Ginny Weasley, spent a "few years" playing for the Holyhead Harpies, and then "retired to have her family". As Ginny graduated from Hogwarts in 1999, and a "few years" implies at least three years, the earliest she could have retired to have James is2002. He is at least a year older than his younger brother Albus, who was born between late2005 and mid-2006.
- ↑ http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizworld/blood-status-names.html
- ↑ Times Online - The Unwritten Story of Harry's Friends and Their Children
- ↑ Video clip of J.K. Rowling from her new documentary: J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Epilogue
- ↑ 31 July, 2007 Bloomsbury webchat
- ↑ The James Potter series