Anthony Goldstein was a wizard who was a student in Harry Potter's year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He was Sorted into Ravenclaw and became friends with fellow Ravenclaws Terry Boot and Michael Corner.
Anthony Goldstein started his education at Hogwarts in 1991. During the Welcoming Feast Anthony was sorted into the house of Ravenclaw, head of house was Filius Flitwick. Anthony became friends with fellow Ravenclaws Michael Corner and Terry Boot during his first year and would share a dorm with the boys.
In his fifth year, Anthony became a prefect along with Padma Patil. During his fifth year, Anthony would become a member of Dumbledore's Army, an organisation against Dolores Umbridge and the Ministry's increased control over the running of Hogwarts. He attended several of the meetings. Anthony did not fight in the Battle of the Astronomy Tower when the D.A. members were called to arms.
Seventh year and Battle of HogwartsEdit
In his final year, he was part of the revived D.A., meaning he was allowed access to Hogwarts whilst under the regime of Severus Snape, indicating him to be of half or pure blood. Anthony fought in the Battle of Hogwarts, and was not mentioned amongst the casualties.
Anthony was an Egyptian ascetic monk considered to be the founder of Christian monasticism. Goldstein is a relatively common Jewish surname, which is a possible indication of Jewish heritage.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Anthony was initially a Hufflepuff on the student list shown by J. K. Rowling on Harry Potter and Me.
- Anthony is voiced by Tom Wheatly in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Name appears on parchment)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- ↑ Despite this character not actually being identified in the film, they were sorted in 1991 and therefore were present in the films adaptation of the sorting amongst the crowd of first years, as they had to be sorted and even though they weren't mentioned they'd still be one of the students in that crowd.
Harry Potter | Hermione Granger | Ronald Weasley
Harry Potter | Neville Longbottom | Luna Lovegood | Ginny Weasley
Katie Bell | Lavender Brown | Colin Creevey | Dennis Creevey | Seamus Finnigan | Angelina Johnson | Lee Jordan | Parvati Patil | Alicia Spinnet | Dean Thomas | Fred Weasley | George Weasley | Nigel Wolpert
Terry Boot | Cho Chang | Michael Corner | Marietta Edgecombe | Anthony Goldstein | Padma Patil
Hannah Abbott | Susan Bones | Justin Finch-Fletchley | Ernie Macmillan | Zacharias Smith | Unidentified Hufflepuff girl
Luca Caruso | Alice Tolipan