Gryffindor Duelling Club Captain
Angus Matlock was Sorted into Gryffindor when he arrived at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He was in at least his third year of education by the 1996-1997 school year, referring on occasion to first and second years and younger students. Angus became captain for Gryffindor when the Duelling Club was revised by Albus Dumbledore. Angus convinced Harry Potter to join the duelling club and requested that he and Ron Weasley showed a group of watching first years how to cast Stupefy, Expelliarmus and Protego.
Angus has a rather controlling and loud personality, shouting at first years for not paying attention and demanding Ron and Harry duel, he also is rather impressed by Harry Potter for being able to fight Lord Voldemort. Ron Weasley does not seem too happy to find out that Angus is the leader of the duelling club for Gryffindor when he and Harry first arrive.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Angus Matlock has only ever appeared in the video game adaptation of Half-Blood Prince, never in any of the novels.
- Angus is like other students at Hogwarts Bem, Michael and Nigel, purely made up for film/video game adaptations of the books.
The name "Angus" possibly meaning "one strength" derived from Irish óen "one" and gus "force, strength, energy". Aonghus (sometimes surnamed Mac Og meaning "young son") was the Irish god of love and youth. The name was also borne by an 8th-century Pictish king and several Irish kings.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (PS2 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (First appearance)
- ↑ He was at Hogwarts during the 1993-1994 school year. Thus, he was at least 11 years old by 1993.